To restore thousands of lives branded as hopeless, to their God-given potential thus breaking the cycle of poverty and abandonment among Russia’s millions of children at risk and turning them into productive citizens. To find teenage orphans who have recently left the state system and offer them real hope for a future along with the education and skills to secure it. The Harbor’s core program is a residential program. Six to eight young adult orphans live together in a typical Russian apartment and function as a family along with full-time mentors who address the following life areas:
Harbor staff model and coach residents in life skills such as cooking, nutrition, personal hygiene, budgeting, housekeeping, and family living.
A Russian pastor provides encouragement in the journey of finding God and meaning in life.
Emotional and Relational Formation
Psychologists help participants wrestle with their unique issues in individual and group sessions
Staff members guide participants through the completion of their high school education and eligibility for technical college or university studies.
Professionals provide basic competency in technology, carpentry, English, sewing, cosmetology, etc.
The Harbor has four primary outreaches:
- Residential program for aged out orphans ages 18-23, who reside in a Christian family home where we address five core areas: spiritual, emotional (counseling), educational, life and social skills and professional skills that assist them to successfully transition into adulthood life.
- Vocational training center for the orphans ages 6-18 who are trained in 11 different vocations. Build relationship, give a skill and assist in employment
- Young mother’s program for the mothers who grew up in an orphanage and who had children out of wedlock. The primary focus of this outreach is to break the orphan cycle where orphans give birth to orphans. Help in the areas of social, medical, spiritual, parental and much more
- Mentorship and discipleship through sport program called Jesus and Soccer.
- An alchohol and drug prevention program.
- Our “School of Rap” program reaching out to youth through rap music.