What Do We Do?
We provide accounting and donor services for evangelical missions to orphans and vulnerable children. We provide “fee free” donor management services for non-U.S. based Christian ministries and missionaries that care for orphans and vulnerable children. Because we offer our services without a fee, our ministry partners save anywhere from 10-20% of their yearly budget in administrative costs.
Our Financial Model Our Ministry Partners Read Testimonials
What does Orphanos do?
- We provide 100% pass through financial services for our partner ministries and missionary partnerships. We do not take a fee for overhead or administrative expenses.
- We manage email blasts, mailing lists, and donor support management for our missionary partners.
- We facilitate short term mission teams to visit the partner homes. We assist individuals, churches, Christian schools, and small groups from all over the country.
- We utilize "Business As Mission" (BAM) in the countries of our partner homes. We determined that creating a for profit local company would be the best strategy for their long term funding and ministry needs.
- We do not operate orphan homes, we believe the local church and family home leaders are best suited for that. We support the homes by getting the gifts to the missionaries and projects. We do that efficiently, anonymously and with high integrity.
Read our FAQs
The mission of Orphanos is to glorify Jesus Christ and serve His purpose on earth by concentrating, in His name, on meeting the needs of children in the world, with a particular emphasis on orphaned children.
We want everything we do to accomplish one purpose: to glorify Jesus Christ and serve Him. It's clear there are some things he wants to accomplish here on earth and we simply want to be part of it as He sees fit.
Out of those many things, there's one area of specialization we think we're called to: meeting the needs of children in the world, with a particular emphasis on orphaned children. We want do this because it's important to Him and, frankly, because He deserves it! In the end, our hope is that the way we relate to Him, the kids, the home workers, you and others will demonstrate that.
This breaks down into three key objectives:
- Praying for the kids and their home staff
- Giving and passing on resources (financial and otherwise) to do things they can't do for themselves or with the help of the local church at 100% pass through
- Going to do projects on site with the kids to change their world and to work together to impact the city around them
We're not called to do this alone. Part of the idea is to share opportunities to have meaningful impact with others like you! There are opportunities in each of the areas already mentioned.
(From ARTICLE IX of the Orphanos Foundation Charter)
Foundation, in every activity and particular, shall operate in no way inconsistent with and, in addition, shall propagate and otherwise spread and teach the following as the Foundation's exclusive doctrine:
- The triune nature of the Godhead; one God existing as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; one in nature and unity, yet three in being.
- The Deity of Jesus Christ; He is God Himself, and is eternally existed, possessing all power and knowledge; born into this world from the Virgin Mary by the Holy Spirit; is, at the same time, true God and true Man.
- The Divine inspiration and inerrancy of the Bible, Old and New Testament; that the Bible is the divine Word of God and, in so being, is without error in its original text and is of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- Man was created in the image of God, sinned, and, thereby, was separated from God; each person born is separated from God by a sin nature with which he/she is born, and, in this condition, is unable by personal effort to be reconciled to God.
- The Lord Jesus was crucified as an atonement for sins and, according to Scripture, served as the only possible substitute sacrifice able to sufficiently pay the penalty each human being otherwise must pay for his/her sins; those humans who place their faith in the fact that Jesus Christ served as the sacrifice which paid the penalty he/she should have paid for his/her sins, thereby, is reconciled to the living God and justified on the ground of Jesus Christ's sacrifice on the cross.
- The third day after the death of Jesus Christ, He bodily arose from the dead, according to Scripture, for the new life of man, and He is now physically seated at the right-hand of God the Father as the High Priest and Advocate of all believers.
- The imminent return to earth of the Jesus Christ to reign as Savior and Ruler of the Universe.
- The bodily resurrection of the dead, the just to eternal life with God, and the unjust to eternal separation from God.
Unamendable Doctrine Statement
(From ARTICLE X of the Charter)
This Article X and Article IX of this Charter shall be and the same hereby is made irrevocable and unamendable, and any attempt to revoke or amend this Article X or Article IX shall be void ab initio or, if ever adjudicated not to be void ab initio, shall be deemed an act dissolving Foundation.
Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability is dedicated to helping Christian ministries earn the public's trust through adherence to seven Standards of Responsible Stewardship. Click here to view our ECFA profile.
Orphanos demonstrates our short-term missions strive for the highest Christian and moral purpose by adopting the seven Standards of Excellence.
The Independent Charities Seal of Excellence is awarded to the members that meet the highest standards of public accountability, program effectiveness, and cost effectiveness.
Viva Network is a global movement of Christians passionately concerned for children at risk. Organizations, church bodies and individuals committed to every child having the opportunity to become all that God intends.
The Christian Alliance for Orphans exists to motivate and unify the body of Christ to live out God's mandate to care for the orphan with the vision to have every orphan experience God's unfailing love and know Jesus as Savior.
The mission of the Combined Federal Campaign is to promote and support philanthropy through a program that is employee focused, cost-efficient, and effective in providing all federal employees the opportunity to improve the quality of life for all.
Christian Charities USA is a nonprofit federation that pre-screens and certifies high quality national charities serving people in the U.S. and around the world through a Christian call to action. We present these charities to potential givers in fund drives at work and on the web.
The Independent Charities of America exists to screen and certify America's best charities and present them to givers in fund drives at work and on the web.