Ministry Position Openings
Full Charge Bookkeeper (FCB) - Cordova, TN - 06/07/17
Skills Desired: Ideal candidate has experience in non-profit accounting (Unrestricted Gifts, Temporarily Restricted Gifts, Permanently Restricted Gifts, and IRS Form990), generating reports, preparing financials, and interacting with donors. Must be a God honoring person who agrees with our world view, has great people skills, and who wants to make a difference with their lives.
FCB should accomplish the organization’s objective by the following activities:
- Responsible to accurately process all income; cash, assets, gifts in kind, other instruments of value.
- GOAL: All income processed and receipted within 5 days.
- Be available to donors to assist or answer questions regarding donations.
- Responsible to process all payments of organizational expenses with approval from CEO.
- GOAL: All expenses processed and paid within 2 weeks of receiving them.
- Responsible to process monthly payroll including but not limited to: staff, children’s homes, missionaries, sponsor grants, organizational grants.
- GOAL: All payrolls to be completed by the 5th day of each month.
Record Keeping and Internal Reporting
- Carry the primary responsibility for financial records of organization, and help CEO oversee efficient use of funds and related tasks.
- Provide CEO and Board requested reports on a weekly and monthly basis.
- GOAL: All donation records and reports up to date with no more than 5 day lag time.
- Work alongside CEO to create and work within an annual budget.
- Assist Auditors in accomplishing annual audit.
Government Reporting and Other Agency Memberships
- Make sure appropriate forms and licenses are filed with government agencies (state and federal) as well as with any accrediting agencies (ex: ECFA, CAFO, CFC, etc…)
- File annual 990 tax returns.
Organization Statement: The sole objective of Orphanos is to glorify Jesus Christ and serve His purpose on earth. We do this by providing “fee free” donor management services for Christian ministries and missionaries that care for orphans and vulnerable children.
Ministry Position Summary: This ministry position offers an individual the opportunity to make a difference in a high impact change the world kind of non-profit environment with the ability to gain experience in real world non-profit situations. Position provides schedule freedom and opportunity to grow and develop role in the organization into a long-term career as organization continues to grow.
Reports To: Orphanos CEO
Hours: Anticipated at 30+ hours per week. Flexible schedule. Some occasional international travel possible.
Compensation: Negotiable. Limited benefits.